The RSL Memorial Hall was completed in October 1930 and was built by the local farmers,with timber donated by Myers sawmill. There was a dance held for the celebrations and the floor was still being finished that afternoon. The El Arish Hall has had a committee to manage it almost continuously since its opening, paying for the rates, maintenance and improvements over the years. It has always been owned by the people of El Arish, as the land was requested and allocated as Recreation Reserve by the state government for the early settlers. There was a close call in the 1970’s when the hall was badly in need of repair but was rescued and brought back to life.